Chicken wings with blue cheese dressing
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 1tsp Asda Chipotle Chilli Flakes
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg chicken wings, halved at the joint and with the tips removed
- 4tbsp Asda Light Mayonnaise
- 4tbsp Asda 50% Less Fat Fresh Soured Cream
- 100g Extra Special Butler’s Farmhouse Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Juice ½ lemon
- Celery sticks (optional)
For the marinade, place the vinegar, honey, chillies, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard and garlic in a large bowl and whisk together with a fork. Add the wings and toss together until coated. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
To make the blue cheese dressing, put the mayonnaise, soured cream, cheese, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with black pepper, then beat together with a whisk until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate until needed.
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Transfer the chicken to a roasting dish, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 mins. Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 20-25 mins, turning occasionally, until the wings are sticky and golden.
Transfer the chicken to the BBQ and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, until starting to char. Serve immediately on a platter, with the blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, for dipping (optional).