Chicken with pesto
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 600g Smart Price Small Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus an extra 1 tsp for the topping
- 4 Smart Price Chicken Breast Fillet Portions
- 4 level tbsp pesto
- 30g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 320g Smart Price Sweetcorn (frozen)
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Toss the potatoes in 1 tbsp oil. Spread over a baking tray and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
Meanwhile, line another baking tray with baking paper. Cut into one side of each chicken breast and slice almost all the way across to the other, then open out like a book. Put on the baking tray, cut-side up.
Mix the pesto with a third of the breadcrumbs and spread over the chicken.
Mix the remaining crumbs with half the Parmesan and put on the pesto topping. Sprinkle on the rest of the Parmesan and the 1 tsp oil.
Put in the oven with the potatoes for 20-25 minutes.
Simmer the sweetcorn in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and serve with the chicken and wedges.