Chickpea & aubergine curry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ level tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ level tsp crushed dried chillies
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Peppers
- 2 aubergines, cut in quarters lengthways, then thickly sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Rice, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
- Mango chutney, to serve
Cook the onion in the oil until transparent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
Add all of the spices and 2 tbsp water and stir over a low heat for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, aubergine and 175ml water. Heat until bubbling, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the coriander and yogurt, and serve with the rice or naan bread and chutney.