Chickpea & butternut squash tagine
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika
- Pinch of crushed chillies
- 350g butternut squash (weighed flesh only), cubed
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g sultanas
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 2 level tsp of cornflour
- 350g couscous
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lime wedges, to serve
Fry one onion in 1 tbsp oil until soft and golden. Stir in the spices and the butternut squash, and stir to coat.
Add the chickpeas, apricots, sultanas and 350ml stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and then stir in. Heat until simmering.
Fry the other red onion in the rest of the olive oil. Add the couscous and stir. Heat the remaining 450ml vegetable stock until simmering and pour over. Heat until it just simmers, then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
Stir in half the parsley into the couscous and add the rest to the tagine. Serve with the lime wedges.