Chickpea & pitta salad
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 10cm piece cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 pitta breads, plus extra to serve
- 200g Greek-style yogurt, to serve
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and half of the chopped mint leaves. Season well.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, radishes and chickpeas to the dressing and toss so that everything is well coated. Set aside for 15 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
Toast two pitta breads and cut into pieces about the size of a postage stamp. Stir into the salad. Mix the Greek yogurt with the rest of the mint and transfer to a small serving dish to accompany the salad.