Chickpeas with halloumi, spinach & tomato
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Asda Extra Special Bonfire Rub
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 160g bag baby spinach (or 100g frozen chopped spinach)
- 250g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 225g couscous, cooked to pack instructions, to serve
Cook the onion in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Stir in the bonfire rub. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
If using frozen spinach add to the pan at this stage and simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thawed.
Add the fresh spinach (if using), halloumi and pine nuts and then simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Serve with couscous.