Chilli con carne
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly chopped
- 1/2 x 130g pack Chosen by you Diced Spanish Chorizo
- 420g pack British Selection Lean Beef Mince
- 4 level tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 beef stock cube, dissolved in 100ml water
- 150g carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 level tsp sugar
- 390g carton Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Peppers
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and diced
- 2 level tsp cornflour
Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the onion and the chorizo until the onion is soft and the chorizo starts to crisp.
Add the mince and cook until it browns, stirring all the time to break up any clumps of meat.
Stir in the chilli powder. Add the beef stock, carrots, tomato ketchup, sugar and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the kidney beans to the pan along with the diced red peppers. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir in. Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with rice or as a baked potato topping.