Chilli and lime pork burgers with courgette ‘fries’
- 500g pack Butcher’s Selection Lean Pork Mince (typically less than 5% fat)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten with 1tbsp water
- 80g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3tbsp light mayonnaise
- 4 Asda White Flour Dusted Sliced Rolls, plus 2 blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 salad tomatoes, sliced
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Mix together the pork mince, chilli, lime zest and soy sauce until well combined. Shape into 4 burger patties and chill in the fridge on a plate.
Meanwhile, to make the ‘fries’, put the egg mixture and breadcrumbs into 2 separate, shallow bowls. Dip the courgette batons into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, turning to cover completely. Arrange the batons in a single layer on the baking trays. Drizzle with 1tsp of the oil and cook for 20 mins until golden and crisp.
Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium setting and fry the burgers for 5-6 mins each side until cooked through.
Mix the mayonnaise with the lime juice.
Split and lightly toast the 4 rolls and fill with the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, a little of the lime mayo and the burgers.