Vegetable spring rolls
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ Chinese leaf, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
- 270g pack filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- Shredded spring onion, red chilli, coriander, to garnish
- 2tbsp sweet chilli dip, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add all the veg and cook over a high heat for 3-4 mins, until softened. Remove from heat and stir in the oyster sauce to coat.
Cut each sheet of filo pastry in half. Put a large spoonful of filling at the short edge of each piece of filo, leaving a 5mm border on each side. Fold over the borders then roll up to create a cigar shape.
Put the rolls on the baking tray fold-side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
Bake for 18-20 mins, until crisp and golden. Garnish with shredded spring onions, coriander and red chilli. Serve with a sweet chilli dip.