Chocolate mint lollies
- 300ml Chosen by you Ready To Serve Custard
- 60ml Chosen by you Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4tsp Extra Special American Peppermint Extract
- Green food colouring
- 200g Extra Special Dominican Republic Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa Solids), broken into pieces
- 1tbsp Dr. Oetker liquid glucose
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g chopped mixed nuts (such as pistachios and walnuts)
Combine the custard, condensed milk, peppermint and 2-3 drops colouring in a bowl. Whisk gently until soft peaks form – the mixture should not feel stiff.
Put the mixture into a piping bag and cut the tip off to make a 2cm opening. Pipe into 8 small lolly moulds, then give the moulds a couple of gentle taps on a work surface to remove any air bubbles.
Freeze the lollies for 2 hrs or until semi-frozen. Push a lolly stick in to the end of each one and return to the freezer for 3 hrs more, until frozen solid.
Put the chocolate, liquid glucose and oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water – don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water. Stir until melted. Allow to cool for 1-2 mins before using.
Remove the lollies from their moulds by running under warm water for a few seconds. To coat the lollies, quickly dip into the melted chocolate mixture, using a spoon to help cover the sides. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and scatter over the chopped nuts. Freeze for at least 30 mins before serving.