Chocolate & almond parfait
- 25g Extra Special Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1 large egg, separated
- 25g icing sugar
- 75ml double cream
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 8 whole almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- Extra Special Almond Thin Biscuits
- Chocolate sauce, to serve
- Raspberries, to serve
Line 2 ramekins with cling film. Melt the chocolate and set aside.
Whisk the egg white until stiff. Add the icing sugar a teaspoon at a time (whisking between each addition, until stiff again).
Whisk the cream and vanilla until the cream starts to hold its shape. Stir in the yolk, chocolate and nuts until evenly blended.
Fold in the egg white and divide between the ramekins. If you have any mixture leftover, make an extra one. Freeze the ramekins for at least 3 hours.
Turn out and serve with almond thins, chocolate sauce and raspberries.