Chocolate beetroot cake
- 175g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), broken up
- 250g Asda Organic Vacuum-Packed Cooked Beetroot
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 100g Asda Drinking Chocolate Powder
- 225g Asda self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g Asda White Chocolate
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line the base and butter the sides of a 19-20cm loose-based cake tin.
Put the dark chocolate and 125g of the butter in a bowl and stand over a pan of simmering water - make sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Leave until melted, then stir to mix. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside.
Purée the beetroot and juices. Beat the eggs and mix with the beetroot. Sift the drinking chocolate and flour into a large bowl and stir in the sugar and the chocolate and beetroot mixes.
Pour into the tin and bake for an hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool.
Melt the white chocolate and remaining butter as in step 2. Spread on top and chill for 20 minutes to set.