Chocolate caramel mousse
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 125g Asda Dark Chocolate (50% cocoa solids), in squares
- 125g Asda Milk Chocolate, in squares
- 4 large free-range eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp black coffee
- 2 level tbsp caster sugar
- Whitworths Chopped Hazelnuts, to serve
Add the caramel to a pan with a pinch of salt. Gently warm until it softens. Pour into six small glasses and leave until cold.
Put the chocolate in a large bowl and stand it over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Leave until melted, then immediately remove the bowl from the pan. Set aside for for exactly 10 minutes.
Mix in the egg yolks with a spoon, and then the coffee.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add the caster sugar and whisk until stiff again. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture using a large metal spoon.
Spoon on top of the caramel and chill for 2 hours.
Top with nuts before serving.