Chocolate s’mores cake
- 200g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 250g Billington's Golden Caster Sugar
- 1½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g Cadbury Bournville Cocoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 125ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 200g Asda Classic Flavour Marshmallows
- 4 light digestive biscuits, crumbled
- 30g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease 3 x 20cm loose-bottom sandwich cake tins and line with nonstick baking paper.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir in 250ml boiling water until smooth, then divide evenly between the prepared tins.
Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack, peel off the paper and allow to cool completely.
Put the marshmallows in a nonstick pan over a low heat and melt for 2 mins.
Spread ⅓ of the melted marshmallow on each layer of sponge, then top with the biscuits. Sandwich the layers together, then sprinkle over the chocolate to serve.