Christmas pudding ice cream bombe
- 750ml Asda Really Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream
- 907g Extra Special Christmas Pudding, crumbled
- 4tbsp Asda Caribbean Spiced Rum
- 50g maraschino cherries, drained
- 25g unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 75g each ready-to-roll icing in red and green
- 125ml double cream
- 50g white chocolate, chopped
Take the ice cream from the freezer and set aside to soften but not melt.
Line a 1L pudding basin with clingfilm. Gently press the crumbled pudding into the base and sides to form a layer 1.5cm thick with a ‘well’ in the centre. Drizzle over 2tbsp of the rum.
Meanwhile, transfer the ice cream to a large bowl and stir in the cherries, pistachios and apricots.
Scoop the ice cream into the well in the pudding, and smooth down. Cover with clingfilm. Freeze for 3 hrs or until solid.
Take the bombe out of the freezer 30 mins before you want to serve. Turn out onto a serving plate, discarding the clingfilm.
Roll the red icing into berry shapes. Roll out the green icing and cut out 3 leaf shapes. Arrange together on a plate – dab with small amounts of water to stick in place. Put aside and allow to set.
Just before you are ready to serve the bombe, make the sauce. Put the cream, chocolate and remaining rum in a small pan on a low heat and stir until the chocolate melts. Pour over the bombe and allow to set slightly. Decorate with the icing holly and serve.