Chunky bean soup
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper, de-seeded & diced
- 500g carton Asda Passata
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 50g Asda Great Stuff Bite Size Pasta
- 300g can Asda Cannellini Beans
- Crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
Cook onion in olive oil over a low heat until soft. Add carrots, celery and pepper, and stir well.
Cover and cook over a very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add passata, stock, Worcestershire sauce and pasta to the pan, stir well, and simmer for 15 minutes until the pasta is tender.
Stir in cannellini beans and heat for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with bread.