- 2 x 350g packs Asda Butcher's Selection Medallion Steaks, cut in 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 130g pack Asda Diced Chorizo
- 4 level tsp chilli powder
- 2 x 390g cartons Asda Chopped Tomatoes with chilli
- 300ml hot beef stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and diced
- 3 x 290g cans Asda Chilli Beans
- 50g Extra Special Dark Chocolate (85% or 70% cocoa solids), broken up
- Soured cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Cook half the beef in half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat until browned all over. Put in a casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining beef and oil. Don't try to fry the beef all at once or it will 'steam' rather than brown.
Wipe out the pan and cook the onion and chorizo until the onion is soft and the chorizo crisping up. Add to the casserole, with the chilli.
In the frying pan, bring the tomatoes just to the boil. Add to the casserole with the stock. Bake, covered, for 2 hours.
Add the peppers and beans and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the chocolate until melted. Serve with the cream, coriander and bread.