Classic Coronation chicken
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 4 Asda Extra Special Corn Fed Chicken Breast Fillets
- 600ml chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 level tsp Asda Medium Curry Powder
- 200ml pot Asda Extra Special French Crème fraîche d'lsigny
- 200g pot Asda Greek Style Yogurt
- 150g Asda Extra Special Mango, Apple and Ginger Chutney
- 1 level tsp tomato purée
- 20 red grapes, halved
- Chopped fresh coriander, plus a few extra leaves to garnish
Put the chicken breasts in a pan and cover with the stock. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat right down so the stock bubbles occasionally. Cover the pan with a lid and poach for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to cool.
Meanwhile, cook the almonds in a dry frying pan, over a medium heat, stirring and turning until golden brown. This will only take 1-2 minutes, so watch them all the time. Tip onto a plate and set aside.
Put the oil and curry powder in a small pan and cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time. Transfer to a bowl, making sure you get all the mixture out of the pan, and leave until cold. Add the crème fraîche, yogurt, chutney and tomato purée, then season to taste. Stir to combine.
When the chicken has cooled down, remove and discard the skin. Shred or cut into bite-sized pieces, then stir through the sauce.
Mix the red grapes, coriander and all but 1 tsp of the almonds. Garnish with coriander and almonds.