Classic roast chicken
- 1tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1tsp for greasing
- 1 Farm Stores Large Chicken (1.6kg)
- 400g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 25g Asda Sunflower Spread, plus 10g for greasing
- 60g Smart Price Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix
- 350g frozen Scratch Cook Butternut Squash Chunks
- 350g frozen Scratch Cook Whole Leaf Spinach
- 350g frozen peas
- 25g Asda Smart Price Gravy Granules
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6. Grease a roasting tin with 1tsp oil, then put the chicken in it. Remove the string around the legs. Roast for 1 hr 30 mins, basting every 30 mins.
Cover the potatoes with water in a pan. Boil, then simmer, covered, for 3-4 mins. Drain, then return to the pan. Add 1tbsp oil, shake the pan to roughen the edges, then put on a baking tray and add to the oven when the chicken has been cooking for 1 hr.
When the chicken is done, remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 20 mins before carving. Increase the oven to 220C/ 200C Fan/Gas 7 and roast the potatoes for 30 mins.
Meanwhile, grease an ovenproof dish with 10g sunflower spread. Mix the stuffing mix with 140ml boiling water and put in the dish. Bake alongside the potatoes for 20-25 mins.
Boil the butternut squash for 6-8 mins, drain and mash with 25g sunflower spread. In a nonstick pan, Heat the spinach and 1tbsp water on medium, stirring, for 3 mins until thawed, then cook for 2-3 mins. Boil the peas for 3 mins and drain. Mix the gravy granules with 250ml boiling water.
Set aside 300g chicken meat for other meals. Serve the rest with the stuffing, veg and gravy.