Classic tomato bruschetta
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 500g mixed tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Basil leaves, torn
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
Cut 8 x 2cm diagonal slices of bread and brush lightly with olive oil on both sides. Heat a griddle pan and cook the bread on both sides until charred (or toast under the grill).
Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic clove.
Top with the tomatoes, red onion and basil. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and some balsamic vinegar.