Coconut beef curry
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1tbsp mild curry powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 400g diced beef
- 550g tin Smart Price New Potatoes in Water, drained and rinsed
- 200ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 reduced-salt beef stock cube, made up to 300ml
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 100g baby spinach
- Zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
Heat the oil in a medium pan over a low setting. Cook the garlic, ginger and onion for 4-5 mins until softened. Add the curry powder and paprika, then cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the beef and potatoes, then the coconut milk and beef stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 mins. After 30 mins, add the green peppers.
Take off the heat and stir through the spinach, lime juice and zest. Serve with a sprinkling of red chilli, if using, plus the lime wedges, to squeeze.