- 250g Asda Butcher's Selection Lean Beef Steak Mince (or Asda Lean Beef Steak Mince)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 100ml beef stock (made with half a stock cube)
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- Half 400g pack Asda Fresh Tastes Carrot and Peas
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 300g Maris Piper, Desiree or King Edward potatoes (peeled weight), cut into even-sized pieces
- 300g Asda Sweet Potatoes (peeled weight), cut into even-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp milk
- 15g butter
- 15g grated Cheddar cheese
- Asda Trimmed Fine Beans, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Fry the mince and onion in a non-stick frying pan, stirring often, until the meat just browns. Transfer the mince to a saucepan.
Add the stock, tomato ketchup and brown sauce. Season with pepper. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring often, adding a little extra stock if necessary.
Stir in the carrots and peas, return to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and stir in. Simmer for 1 minute. Turn into an ovenproof dish.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes in seperate saucepans until tender - about 15 minutes for the potatoes and 12 minutes for the sweet potatoes. Drain and return to one pan. Stand it over a very low heat for up to 1 minute to allow excess moisture to evaporate. Heat the milk and add to the potatoes with the butter. Mash until smooth, season, then spread over the mince.
Sprinkle on the cheese and cook for 20 minutes or until piping hot. Serve with the green beans.