Creamy cauliflower turmeric curry
- 400g tin Asda Chickpeas in Water, drained, rinsed and dried on kitchen paper
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets, leaves reserved (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 75g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 250g long-grain rice
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- STORE CUPBOARD
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp turmeric for the chickpeas, plus 1tbsp for the curry
- 1 vegetable stock cube, made up to 750ml
- 1tbsp plain flour
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Scatter the chickpeas on a large baking tray, along with the cauliflower florets. Drizzle with ½tbsp of the olive oil, sprinkle over 1tsp of the turmeric and stir to coat completely. Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the onion and ginger, and fry on low for 5 mins until the onion turns translucent.
Add 1tbsp turmeric, mix well and fry for 1min. Add the coconut milk and stock, then reduce to a simmer.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
Stir the baked chickpeas and cauliflower into the sauce with the cauliflower leaves, if using. Cook for 1 min, then garnish with the mint and serve with the rice.