Creamy lettuce and bacon pasta with a lemon crumb
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 155g Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Lean Diced Bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 romaine lettuce, finely sliced
- 3tbsp reduced-fat soft cheese
Heat the oil and fry the breadcrumbs for 5-7 mins until golden. Sprinkle with the lemon zest.
Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water. Return this to the pan with the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, fry the bacon, onion, garlic and thyme for 5 mins until the bacon is crisp. Add the romaine lettuce, finely sliced, to the frying pan and cook for 2 mins to warm through.
Add to the pasta with the soft cheese and the lemon juice. Stir, season with black pepper and top with the lemon crumb to serve.