Crispy lobster cocktail
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 17g Extra Special Shallots, finely sliced
- 13g gherkin, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, finely chopped
- Splash of vodka
- 195g Extra Special Spicy Marie Rose sauce with Brandy
- 100g Chosen by you Prawn Crackers
- 150g breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp paprika
- 250g seasoned plain flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Extra Special Lobster Tails (one per portion)
- Little Gem leaves, to serve
- Cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Cress, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Combine the shallots, gherkins, herbs and vodka in a bowl with 195g cocktail sauce.
To make the coating, crumble the prawn crackers. Mix into breadcrumbs and paprika.
Put seasoned flour, beaten eggs and lobster coating into three separate bowls.
Shell and remove the vein from each lobster tail. Cut each cooked tail into 5 and dip pieces into the flour, then the egg and the coating. Fry in a deep-fat fryer until golden (about 3-5 minutes).
Drain on kitchen paper and serve in a martini glass with the tartar sauce and garnish.