Crispy pork belly with pak choi
- 2 slices pork belly, cut into short pieces
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½tsp Chinese five-spice
- 100g basmati rice, rinsed
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 pak choi, trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Combine the pork strips, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, ginger, garlic and five-spice in a bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hrs or overnight.
About 30 mins before serving, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan on a high setting. Reserving the marinade, put the pork strips in the pan, skin-side down, and fry for 5-6 mins on both sides until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the pak choi, red chilli, spring onions and remaining marinade to the pan and fry for 5 mins until the pak choi has wilted.
Serve the pak choi and pork on the rice and garnish with the coriander.