Crunchy apple and red cabbage salad with sausages
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- Finely grated zest 1 clementine or satsuma
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 Extra Special Classic Pork Chipolata Sausages, halved
- 200g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced, fronds reserved
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 apple, cored and finely sliced
- 30g pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, mustard, most of the zest and the garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
Preheat a frying pan or griddle on a medium to high setting and cook the sausages for 10-12 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
While the sausages are cooking, put the cabbage, fennel slices, spring onions, apple and pecans in a bowl and toss together.
When the sausages are cooked, add to the bowl. Scatter over the reserved fennel fronds and zest and serve immediately with the dressing.