Crunchy cornflake chicken recipe with baked sweet potato fries
- 1kg pack Butcher’s Selection Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 200g cornflakes, crushed to crumbs
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, skin on
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 1 Grower’s Selection Round Lettuce, torn, to serve
- Your choice of sides and sauces, to serve (optional extras)
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Divide the chicken into 6 or 12 pieces. Sprinkle with the cornflour. Put the egg and cornflake crumbs in separate saucers, then dip the meat in the egg and then the cornflakes. Put in the oven on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 20-25 mins, until the chicken is cooked through.
Put the sweet potato on a large baking tray and toss in the oil and paprika. Roast for 20-25 mins until tender. Toss in the parsley.
Serve the chicken with the ‘fries’ and lettuce. You can also add sauces, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and other sides (optional extras).