Crunchy fish pie
- 600g Asda Smart Price Salmon Fillets, cut into 4cm chunks
- 1 fish stock cube, dissolved in 500ml hot water
- 75g Asda Smart Price Butter
- 1 small Asda Smart Price Onion, finely chopped
- Pinch dried crushed chillies
- 40g Asda Smart Price Plain Flour
- 200g Asda Smart Price Frozen Peas
- 150ml pot Asda Double Cream
- 300g Asda Smart Price Frozen Prawns, thawed
- 600g Asda Smart Price Potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Place the fish into a large, shallow pan. Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the fish and put in an ovenproof dish. Set aside the liquid.
Melt half the butter in a pan, add the onion and chilli, then cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cooking liquid, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the peas, cream and prawns. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour over the fish.
With treble thickness kitchen paper, pat dry the potatoes. Melt the rest of the butter. In a bowl, mix the butter with the oil and turmeric. Stir in the potato and season well.
Put the potatoes over the fish. Bake for 30-35 minutes.