Cumin and chilli beef
- 1tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 475g Butcher’s Selection Beef Rump Steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 4cm piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Jasmine rice and steamed pak choi, to serve
- Shredded spring onion and coriander leaves, to garnish
In a large bowl, whisk the rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornflour. Add the beef and toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill for at least 1 hr or overnight.
Heat the oil in a nonstick wok over a high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli, cumin and chilli flakes, if using, and stir-fry for 30-60 secs.
Add the beef and marinade and stir-fry for 2-3 mins, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick.
Serve immediately with jasmine rice and steamed pak choi on the side. Garnish with shredded spring onion and coriander leaves.