Curried butternut squash soup
- 2½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2tbsp Asda Balti Curry Paste
- 4tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½tsp curry powder
- 300g Asda Scratch Cook Butternut Squash Chunks
- 200g Asda Scratch Cook Sweet Potato Chunks
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 2tbsp Greek yogurt, to serve
- 1tbsp coriander leaves, to serve
- Torn bread, to serve (optional)
Heat 2tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onion and carrot for 8 mins, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to low, stir in the paste and cook for a further 2 mins.
Heat the remaining oil. Fry the seeds and curry powder for 3-4 mins over a low heat, stirring often. Drain on kitchen paper.
Add the squash, potato, herbs and 500ml water. Boil, cover, then simmer for 15 mins until tender. Purée with a handheld blender, swirl in the yogurt, sprinkle with black pepper and the seeds and top with the coriander, if using.