Curried lentil and cabbage soup with pulled ham
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 390g tin Asda Green Lentils in Water, drained and well rinsed
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 1L with boiling water
- 200g Simply Cook Honey Roast Pulled Ham
- 200g Savoy cabbage, shredded
Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium setting. Cook the onion, parsnip and carrot for 5 mins or until softened and beginning to colour.
Add the curry powder and the lentils. Cook for 1-2 mins, stirring constantly.
Pour over the stock and a the ham, saving a little to garnish. Stir to combine, season with black pepper then bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 mins.
Stir through the cabbage, then cook for 5 mins or until the cabbage has wilted.
Divide the soup between four bowls, then top with the reserved ham and a sprinkling of black pepper before serving.