Curried vegetable potato cakes
- 15g butter
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp Asda Medium Curry Powder
- 500g cooked potatoes, roast, boiled, mashed or a mixture
- 300g cooked mixed carrots and butternut squash, chopped
- 300g cooked Brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten. Poached eggs to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Melt the butter and oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook until soft and starting to turn golden. Add the curry powder and cook for another minute. Tip into a large bowl.
If the potatoes are roasted or boiled, cut into small pieces. Add to the onion with the mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and sprouts, then mash.
Add the egg to the veg and season well. Stir to the mix.
Divide into eight portions. Wet your hands and shape each portion into a cake about 1.5cm thick. Put on the baking tray and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Brush the tops of the cakes with oil and cook in the oven for 25-35 minutes.
Serve two cakes per person, with poached eggs.