Day of the Dead muffin skulls
- 6 chocolate muffins
- 6 tbsp Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 75g purple ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 75g blue ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 75g pink ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 75g yellow ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 75g green ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 75g orange ready-to-roll fondant icing
- Dr. Oetker writing gels in assorted colours
Trim the top off of each muffin to make it flat.
Spread a little fudge icing over the tops of 3 muffins. Sandwich each one with an un-iced muffin, top to top, then halve, top to bottom. (Laid flat, each one should be a long hexagon shape.)
On a surface dusted with icing sugar, roll out one piece of coloured fondant.
Spread fudge icing thinly all over one muffin pair and lay it flat side down on the fondant. Trim around the muffin. Moisten the edge of the fondant with water.
Roll a pair of 1.5cm fondant 'sausages'. Shape these into cheekbones on the muffin.
Knead and re-roll the fondant. Lay over the muffin and mould into a skull. Trim around the base.
Use the end of a wooden spoon to form eye sockets and a piping-nozzle tip to make the nose-hole.
Decorate with the writing gels and fondants in other colours. Repeat to make 6.