Dean Edwards’ Mexican three-bean taco bowl
Cook: 20 Mins
plus 4 hours cooking
Price: £1.13 per serving
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 400g tin black beans in water
- 400g tin red kidney beans in water
- 400g tin cannellini beans in water
- 300ml vegetable stock
- FOR THE SALSA
- 200g baby plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- Juice 1 lime
- 4tsp olive oil
- TO SERVE
- 200g long-grain white rice, cooked according to the pack instructions
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 wholemeal tortillas, cut into triangles
In a frying pan, cook the onion, green pepper and garlic in the oil for 5 mins. Add the tomato purée, paprika, coriander and cumin, then cook for 1 min. Put in the slow cooker.
Drain and rinse all the beans. Add to the cooker with the stock. Cover and cook on low for 4 hrs.
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season with black pepper.
Cook the tortillas on a baking tray for 10 mins.
Divide the cooked rice between 6 bowls and top with the beans. Serve with the tortillas, salsa, avocados and a sprinkle of coriander.