Dijon chicken with celeriac mash
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 525g pack Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Breast Portions
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- tsp cornflour
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp coarse-grain mustard
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 300ml
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 2 x 170g packs Extra Special
- 2 x 170g packs Extra Special Green Vegetable Medley
Heat the oil in a nonstick pan on a medium setting. Add the chicken, shallots and garlic, then fry for 10 mins.
Add the cornflour, thyme and both mustards to the pan, stir, then mix in the stock. Season with black pepper, cover, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, put the celeriac and bay leaves in a pan, cover with boiling water, then simmer for 15-20 mins until tender. Drain, discard the bay leaves, return the celeriac to the pan and mash until smooth. Stir through the nutmeg and half of the crème fraîche, then season with black pepper.
Cook the green vegetable medley according to the pack instructions.
Stir the remaining crème fraîche through the chicken and serve immediately with the celeriac mash and green vegetables.