Duck, pear and walnut salad
- 3tbsp rapeseed oil, plus 1tsp for frying
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp clear honey
- 50g bread cubes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25g walnut halves
- 190g bag mixed baby leaf salad
- 1 small pear, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 Extra Special British Duck Breast Steak, cut into thick strips
Mix together 2tbsp of the rapeseed oil with the vinegar, mustard and honey. Season, stir well and set aside.
To make croutons, gently fry the bread and garlic in 1tbsp of the rapeseed oil until golden and crisp. Set aside.
Add the walnuts to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 mins until toasted. Cool slightly then roughly chop. Add to the baby leaf salad in a serving bowl.
Cook the pear in a griddle or frying pan with 1tsp rapeseed oil for 3-4 mins, turning over once or twice until golden. Add to the salad.
Cook the duck breast in the griddle pan for 3-5 mins, turning over once. Add to the salad with the dressing and toss well before serving.