Easiest ever beef casserole
- 515g pack Asda Diced Beef Casserole
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1 stick celery, thickly sliced
- 150g carrots, thickly sliced
- 125g mushrooms, halved
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 reduced-salt beef stock cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp brown sauce
- 250ml brown ale (or beer or water)
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Mashed potato, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Put the beef in a large casserole dish with the vegetables and gently mix together.
Sprinkle on the herbs. Heat 350ml water in a pan until simmering. Remove from the heat and add the stock, purée and brown sauce, then stir until dissolved. Add the ale, beer or water.
Pour over the meat. Cover and bake for 4 hours. Stir in the cornflour paste, cover and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve with mash.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.