Easy chilli jam
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 375g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- 5 tbsp cider vinegar
- 350g jam sugar
Blitz the chillies, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and apple in a food processor, or with a hand-held blender.
Put in a pan with the vinegar and sugar. Simmer for 40 minutes or until it's the consistency of jam.
Transfer into sterilised jars. To sterilise a bottle or jar, pre-heat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1. Wash the container in hot, soapy water, then rinse well. Remove any rubber seals, then put in the oven on its side for 30 minutes.
Once opened, the jam will keep in the fridge for up to 30 days.