Easy leftover chicken curry for four
Price: £1.40 per serving
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g frozen diced onions
- 300g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 2tbsp frozen chopped ginger or 1tbsp ginger paste
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 200g jar Asda Balti Curry Paste (see top tip)
- 300g leftover cooked chicken, skin removed, shredded or cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200g uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and cooked according to pack instructions
- 2 Asda Garlic & Coriander naans, heated, to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onions and peppers for 2 mins until soft. Add the ginger, then add the tomato purée and curry paste. Mix well with the veg. Fill the curry paste jar with water twice and add to the pan (about 400ml). Bring to a bubble and simmer for 8-10 mins until thickened and saucy.
Add the chicken, and cook for another 3-4 mins until piping hot. Serve with the cooked basmati rice and the naans.
TIP: If using a different curry paste, check the jar instructions to see how much you need – it may not be the whole jar.