Easy Middle Eastern inspired couscous for two
- 75g couscous
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 210g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice ½ lemon
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 50g Greek-style cheese, crumbled
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 20g Asda Roasted & Salted Mixed Nuts, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves chopped
Put the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water (about 125ml). It should come about 1cm over the top of the grains. Cover with a plate or clingfilm and leave for 10 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Fluff the couscous with a fork, then add the remaining ingredients (except the mint), mixing well. Season with black pepper. Serve scattered with the chopped mint.