Easy-peasy ham and lemon risotto
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 300g Arborio rice
- 1L hot stock (made with 1 reduced-salt stock cube)
- 200g Frozen For Freshness British Garden Peas
- 125g Asda Honey Roast Pulled Ham
- 1 lemon, 1tsp each juice and zest
- 1tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Bread, to serve (optional)
Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 1 min. Sprinkle in the smoked paprika, add the tomato purée and stir to combine. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
Gradually add the stock to the rice mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is almost tender.
Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 mins, then add the pulled ham. Cook for a further 2 mins until the rice and peas are tender and the ham is hot. Stir in the lemon juice and zest, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with bread, if you like.