Slow cooker easy salmon and lentil curry
- 3 salmon fillets
- 150g Good&Balanced Red Lentils
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 2tbsp garam masala
- 6 cardamom pods
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 180g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 450g Asda Easy Cook Long Grain Brown Rice
- Juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
Put one of the salmon fillets on a chopping board, skin-side down. Hold at its thin end and ease a sharp knife between the skin and the flesh. Slowly slice in a sawing action to remove the skin. Repeat for the other fillets. Cut into chunks and chill, covered, until needed.
Rinse the lentils in a sieve under a cold tap until the water runs clear. Put in the slow cooker with the coconut milk, tomato purée, garam masala, cardamom, ginger, garlic, chilli, tomatoes and 75ml water. Mix together and cook on high for 3 hrs.
Add the salmon and cook for a further 1 hr.
About 30 mins before the curry is ready, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
Mix the lemon juice and parsley into the curry, sprinkle with extra parsley and serve with the rice and lemon wedges.