Easy sweet and sour chicken for four
- 200g easy cook long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g Cook from Frozen Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 227g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 440g jar Smart Price Sweet & Sour Sauce
Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 15-18 mins, until tender. Drain in a sieve and keep warm.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken pieces for 10 mins until golden all over. Stir in the peppers, pineapple and most of the spring onion, leaving some of the chopped green tops to serve. Cook for another 5-10 mins until the veg is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Pour in the sauce and bubble on a high heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
Divide the rice between four plates and spoon over the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle over the reserved spring onion to serve.