Easy sweet and sour chicken for two
Price: £1.20 per serving
- 100g easy-cook long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 175g Cook from Frozen Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- ½ x 227g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped
- ½ x 440g jar Smart Price Sweet & Sour Sauce
Half-fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 15-18 mins until tender. Drain in a sieve and keep warm.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken pieces for 10 mins until golden all over. Stir in the pepper, pineapple and most of the spring onion, leaving some of the chopped green tops to serve. Cook for another 5-10 mins until the veg is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Pour in the sauce and bubble on a high heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
Divide the rice between the plates and spoon over the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle over the reserved spring onion to serve.