Easy vegetable curry
- 2 x 120g packs Smart Price Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 level tbsp Chosen by you Korma Curry Paste
- 400g can Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g Smart Price Cauliflower (frozen)
- 150g Smart Price Peas (frozen)
- 150g Chosen by you Baby Carrots (frozen)
- 550g can Smart Price New Potatoes In Water, drained
- 400g can Asda Organic Chickpeas In Water, rinsed and drained
Empty the rice packets into a pan and add 650ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 18-20 minutes, stirringoccasionally, until the rice is tender and the water has been fully absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then cook the onion until soft. Stir in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, frozen vegetables, new potatoes and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the mixture has thickened.
Season to taste and serve with the cooked rice.