Falafel in pitta
- 120g pack Asda Falafel Mix
- 400g can Asda Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (from a squeezy bottle or freshly squeezed)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp Asda Easy Garlic (or 1 garlic clove, crushed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 dill cucumber, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers (from a 280g jar Asda Extra Special Roasted Red Peppers), sliced
- 420g jar Asda Pickled Red Cabbage, well drained
Stir 150ml cold water into the falafel mix. Set aside, stirring every so often.
To make the houmous, whizz the chickpeas in a blender to a smooth paste with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste.
Shape the falafel mix into 12 balls using wet hands. Fry in the rest of the oil for 4-5 minutes.
Warm the pitta breads and fill with the houmous, dill cucumber, red peppers, red cabbage and falafel.