Fillet steak with chunky chips, roast tomatoes and pesto
- 300g frozen Asda Steak Cut Oven Chips
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 x 200g Extra Special British Aberdeen Angus Fillet Steaks, at room temperature
- 225g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp Extra Special Pesto Alla Genovese
- 1tbsp pine nuts (optional)
Cook the chunky chips according to the pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat an ovenproof frying pan over a high setting until it starts to smoke. Rub the oil over both sides of the steaks, then cook in the pan for 1 min each side until caramelised.
Add the tomatoes to the pan, put it in the oven and roast for 5 mins for rare, 6-7 mins for medium and 8-9 mins for well done.
Take the tomatoes and steaks out of the pan and set aside to rest.
Put the pan back onto a low heat, add the pesto and pine nuts (if using) and stir until heated through. Add any resting juices from the steak and stir in.
Drizzle the steaks with the pesto mixture and season with black pepper. Serve with the chips and tomatoes.