Fish pie with root vegetable topping
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 35g butter
- 340g pack Asda Fish Pie Mix
- 240g pack Asda Boneless & Skinless River Cobbler Fillets, cut into chunks
- 225ml milk
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 15g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 25g 50% Less Fat Mature Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Peas, to serve
- Carrots, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the carrots, parsnips and potatoes in a pan of water. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Drain, mash with 15g of the butter and season.
Put all the fish in a pan and pour over the milk. Add the onion and simmer for 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to lift the fish out and put in a baking dish, reserving the milk. Flake into chunks.
Melt the remaining 20g butter in another pan. Stir in the flour and mustard, to make a smooth paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat. Gradually add the reserved milk, whisking. Return to the heat and bring back to the boil, then simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
Remove from the heat and add the cheese and parsley. Season to taste and pour over the fish.
Top with the mash and cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve with peas and carrots.