French Onion Slice
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3 large onions, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of sugar
- 350g Asda shortcrust pastry flour, for rolling out
- 50g can Asda Anchovies, drained
- 16 Asda Extra Special Kalamata olives
Cook the onions in the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until really soft.
Add the garlic, thyme, parsley and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onions start to turn golden. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line a shallow tin, 22cm x 32cm, with baking paper. Roll the pastry out on a floured board to a rectangle 22cm x 32cm. Lay in the tin, making sure it comes up to the edges, and prick the base.
Spread the onion mixture over the pastry and arrange the anchovies and olives on top in a lattice pattern. Bake for 20-25 minutes.